Sunday, February 26, 2006

Post Olympic Wrap Up

Here are the official Olympic Sweater photos:

Stats:

Pattern: Bonne Marie Burns' Sitcom Chic, size small
Yarn: Austermann Mayfair, about 6 balls
Needles: Size 8
Begun: Friday, February 10, 2006, about 2:18 PM
Completed: Sunday, February 26, 2006, noonish
Wind chill during photo op: 16 degrees F

I've been wearing my new sweater since I finished it, and it's very comfortable. If I were to make it again, I wouldn't use two circular needles to make the sleeves as it produced some laddering. Instead of using the front bands from the pattern I made a two stitch seed stitch border, knowing that at the end of the games I wouldn't want to pick up all those stitches. The neck is finished per the pattern instructions. I opted out of using a button, and instead intend to use various pins/brooches as a closure. The one I'm wearing today is a gecko pin made out of shell.


It seems like I should end this post with some deep, meaningful thoughts, but right now I'm fresh out. It'll be nice to relax during the closing ceremonies tonight.

9 comments:

Deb R said...

Cute sweater! Yay you!

I like the underwear-on-the-head pic too. :-)

Anonymous said...

A gold medal for you! Very nice sweater!

Mary

Anonymous said...

It's awesome. I feel like such a slacker!

Deborah Boschert said...

Great job! congratulations. I have some couch jumpers who would surely love to compete for medals.

Emily said...

It looks so good on you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely lovely, and I adore the pin with it! Congrats on your Olympic victory!

Bonne Marie said...

Très Chic et fabuleux mon bon ami!

Congratulations on your beautiful Olympic Sitcom Chic!

BRAVA!!!

Jen said...

You actually look like you just stepped out of a magazine. Very cute! Jen

Diane Doran said...

Thank you guys. You are all so nice. I'm really happy with it for a "first completed sweater with sleeves".