Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal

Yesterday I was pretty grumpy as I trudged to and fro through the yard to meet various school busses. I was searching for something blooming. I sort of keep track of the day each year that I find the first crocus. I know that one year it was February 17, my sister's birthday. This winter has been unusually mild, so I couldn't understand why nothing had bloomed yet. I came inside, looked through the dining room window, and saw it.

Spring is coming!

3 comments:

Elle said...

I can't wait for Spring!

Rayna said...

That yellow is just the cheering up I need! No Spring here in NJ - we just had snow yesterday. Boo hoo. But I hope those croci are moving north...

Anonymous said...

I feel the same,I get a warm feeling when I see them pop thru the snow.