Here's some of the fabric I managed to dye this week.
The orange to brown mini set of gradations was done with a specific project in mind. I'm trying to match a color, and never having taken Carol Soderlund's highly recommended class means a little trial and error up front. The other colors are serendipitous, inspired by Melody's post on neutrals. Sometimes I feel like I've dyed an awful lot of orangey/rusty colors, but then I look at my lilies and understand it a little better.
This demonstrates the difference between leaving fabric in the dye, and removing it after wringing it out. After dyeing the blue run above I still had dye left, so I threw in this children's tshirt. I was surprised to see that the tee came out darker than the lightest fabric.
During the dyeing I found a use for all those baby wipe boxes - perfect for small pieces of fabric (these are 1/2 yards, they could easily fit a yard).
We have a houseguest for the next 2+ weeks, so my posting may be even more sporadic than usual during that time (as difficult as that is to imagine!).
I leave you with a shot of one of my lilies yesterday morning after a big rain. I love the water droplets - it kind of reminds me of an octopus!