Monday, August 14, 2006

Meet Me At The Fair

Through the magic of the internet, I was able to be in two places at once on Saturday!

Here I am in Cincinnati, at the Zonta Quilts for Change show, by my quilt Bayou Reflections.

Okay, it's not me, it's my fabulous stunt double Deb R. who very nicely took the picture for me. Thanks, Deb! You're pretty!

I was really at the County Fair.


The sky was an incredible shade of blue on Saturday. The chickens were down right inspirational!
Unfortunately, this is my only half way decent chicken picture, because I was holding a 36 pound 3 year old who was still getting over a too thrilling ride on this little dragon "roller coaster" (a series of very small hills) that he wanted to ride. But the other chickens really were quite phenomenal! Someday I'll make a rooster quilt.
The super slide was more the speed that my guys needed.
(Two of my guys, ascending.)

I fully intended to survey the entries in the Domestic Arts competitions, but we ran out of time before I could check out Coleen's award winning entries. Maybe next year.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

oddly, I had problems taking chicken pictures too! The chickens are my favorite part of the fair.

That quilt is stunning. Your talent is incredible!

Deb R said...

Glad you liked the pic! :-)

The fair looks like it was fun and your photos are lovely!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I was going to SAY - omigod, you look just like Deb R!! Tricky!