Friday, July 13, 2007

Playing Hooky

You know how sometimes you're supposed to be doing something, like studying for a test, or meeting a deadline, but you just can't help yourself from sneaking away from time to time and indulging yourself a little? That's how this much (about 20") of my chevron scarf got finished. I figure that's about a third of way the way done, as at about 61" tall I don't think I need a 70"+ long scarf.


The yarn on the left I dyed at a class associated with last year's MD Sheep and Wool Festival - the very day I met the lovely and talented Coleen. The yarn on the right is Sophie's Toes Bouquet, dyed by the wonderfully versatile Emily. I've kind of lost my momentum, but I'm thinking it's going to make great travel knitting when we go on a trip later this summer.

Many thanks to all of you for your nice comments on my quilting. It was the most fun I've ever had quilting a quilt.

Now I'm off to hopefully finish up a cute skirt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its totally beautiful, and deserving of all the stolen moments you have spent on it. And it HAS to be long, so you can do the photoshoot like the model in the pattern!!

Jody said...

I love it! It looks just gorgeous!