Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

This morning I was delighted to find out that The Gathering (pictured in my last post) won Best Use of Color in the wallhanging category at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival. Last month it was photographed for the 2010 Martingale calendar of quilts from the fall IQA show, so it's been traveling quite a bit. The calendar will be coming out later this year, and I can't wait to see it.

I've been working on an article for Quilting Arts, and submitted some potential ideas for the Quilting Arts Gifts issues, so we'll see how that goes. I wrote an article for the Winter 2008 issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited, and Sarah did a great job of blogging about that issue here.

Verizon came through our neighborhood a few weeks ago to lay cable for FiOS. There was ice on the ground, and they marked where they needed to dig with a brilliant orange paint. I took some pictures of the paint on the ice, as it created an other worldly effect (IMHO). This photo was not manipulated at all, other than to change the size.


Sue Reno said...

Hey Diane, congratulations! Validation is always a good thing. It's a beautiful quilt.

Liz said...

Yeah - congratulations! I love your quilts - you deserve all that praise.

Anonymous said...


peaceliving said...

You're right...that effect is gorgeous!

Gail Myrhorodsky said...

Your images are stunning! I particularly like the orange ice fungus. Amazing!