Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Work & Quilting Arts TV Series 800

Good morning!

I'd like to share a little piece I finished last week. I belong to a local group of quilt artists called Metro Threads. We're putting together a trunk show with similar parameters to those for SAQA's This is a Quilt - small quilts that will fit in a 12"x12" mat with an 8" opening. Here's a quilt that I'm going to submit.


I alluded to the year starting off with a bang in my last post. I'm *very* excited that in February I'll be headed to Cleveland to film three segments for Quilting Arts TV Series 800! Two of the segments are based on articles that have been in Quilting Arts and Quilting Arts Gifts. The third segment is a new project that's been very fun to design. I've been busy behind the scenes here trying to prepare for them all, and getting more excited by the minute!

2 comments:

Sue Reno said...

Congratulations, how wonderful--and well deserved!

Unknown said...

Diane...I haven't had a chance to read blogs in eons...too much life happening, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blue bird for the 8x8 / 12x12....

And I am still in love with your quilt that was in Houston last Fall. The discussion on the SAQA group makes me think that the doubters need to see THAT quilt to believe. I am still in awe (and mind-boggled at the judges decisions....just enter it somewhere else so it can get the first it deserves!).

Cheers, and congrats on the QA TV! Sarah