Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quilting Arts Gifts 2011-2012

I received my preview copy of Quilting Arts Gifts 2011-2012, and what a fun issue it is! Look at these cute birds on the cover:
I had a lot of fun with the project that I designed - quilted mini stockings.




In the magazine they show them as gift decorations, but I really like them on the swag, too. The directions for the decorative clothes pins are also in the article. My stockings are quilted, but if you're in a hurry, or just want a simpler look, you could just as easily use commercial fabric, plain felt, or something with surface design that you love.

Don't forget, the SAQA benefit auction has begun! It started yesterday, and every day the prices go down. My quilt is in the third group, so it will go on the block starting September 26th.

No comments: