Candy is an enthusiastic instructor who obviously loves to teach!
In this DVD she shares her personal design inspirations. I particularly like her descriptions of how to look at something and break it down to create an artful stitched sketch so that you can develop sketches based on your inspirations too.
She also gives step-by-step instructions on how to create a variety of motifs and construct a cloth book of sketches for reference. This is a great way to test out various fabric and thread combinations! I love that these sketches can be used for art quilts as well as fun tote bags and other projects.
Her relaxed and encouraging approach will have you creating your own thread sketches in no time.
How would you like to have a chance to win a copy of the DVD and a botanical sketch from Candy? Each of the bloggers on the tour picked a botanical for Candy to sketch. The winner on my blog will receive a thread sketched fern.
To enter just leave a comment on this post by March 26 and tell me if you've tried free-motion sketching before. Here's the whole tour schedule - be sure to visit all the blogs for more chances to win.
- Wednesday, 3/12 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Friday, 3/14 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Monday, 3/17 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Wednesday, 3/19 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Friday, 3/21 – Beth & Kristen of Sew Mama Sew
- Monday 3/24 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Wednesday, 3/26 – Candy Glendening