1/24/12 Edited to Add:
This post has links to tutorials I've written. I'll add to the list as new tutorials are available - enjoy!
Updated 12/5/12 - 3 new tutorials! Scroll to the bottom to see them.
I find myself perusing the internet to find holiday sewing and crafting ideas, and this year it occurred to me that I've never put the links to all the projects I've designed (that are available free) in one place. So here they are!
1. Fast & Easy Fabric Bookmarks - from Quilting Arts Gifts 2009/2010 (The link is to an ebook that also includes several additional free projects from other designers.) If you've ever made an ATC or fabric postcard, you can easily make these adjustable bookmarks. Try customizing them by printing a photograph of the recipient on fabric to use as the main design. In the samples below I used a small portion of an old "experiment", as well as the leftovers from trimming the border of a quilt before I bound it.
2. Junior Legal Pad Cover/Folio - also from Quilting Arts Gifts 2009/2010 and Quilting Arts TV Episode 805 - I've made this gift for a variety of people, and keep one in my purse at all times. The cover and flap provide just enough room for you to try out a little surface design or applique.
3. Personalized Tote - Shown on Quilting Arts TV Episode 810
I had a great time designing this little tote/purse using designs I created using Kaleidoscope Kreator . Of course you could use any fabric, commercial or of your own design, for the flap. On one of the samples I even went crazy and did some hand embroidery - uncharacteristic for me, but fun!
4. Esther's Tote - My basic, go to tote design. I've made it in a variety of fabrics, from sophisticated to girly, and get complements every time.
If you make any projects from these tutorials I'd love to see pictures of them!
So are you going to be sewing today, or shopping?
5. These are some cute mini-stockings that I designed for last year's Quilting Arts Gifts.
|I love them as embellishments for gifts|
|I originally designed them to hang on a swag|
|Add numbers to the clothespins and use them as an advent calendar|
6. Though not Christmasy, these water bottle slings make easy gifts, especially for kids (so they can carry their own!).
They were originally in 101 Patchwork Projects + Quilts, but I also showed how to make them on Quilting Arts TV episode 910, and the directions are *here*.
7. If you're looking for more technique oriented info, there are many great articles available on the Machine Quilting Unlimited Web Extras! page. In particular, if you're interested in learning how to quilt feathers, check out the links to my article on feathers, as well as Judy Woodworth's.